Saturday, October 2, 2010

I am sure to make some folks mad, but I just need to make a point.

I acknowledge before I click PUBLISH, that I am quite sure that I am about to upset some folks...BUT...please READ what I am typing. 

I am a Christian.  I am an American.  We do not have a national language.  We do not have a national religion.  The constitution does not make considerations for our "taste" in the legality of things. 

A Muslim Cultural Center (or even a Mosque) near ground zero is legal.  Period. 

That untold numbers of people have been killed in the name of Christ over the centuries doesn't make all Christians terrorists.  Nor, was it "tasteful" to the inhabitants of the countries where we Christians built churches where we Christians slaughtered native residents. 

We don't want to lump ourselves in with the perpetrators of the Spanish Inquisition, or the Crusades, but those Christians killed untold thousands in the name of Christ. 

Practice less complaining and more tolerance and maybe these things just might happen with less frequency.  If you truly disagree with a muslin "whatever" near ground zero, advocate through our politicians to change the constitution to reflect your perception of what it means to be AMERICAN. 

We all have the right to fight for change and I wish more people would, rather than complaining about issues that are 100% PROTECTED by the very constitution you would likely die to defend.  This is where I love democracy, because the opinion of the masses can diffuse and mask the influence of emotions on sensitive, mostly "opinion" issues.

I am quite sure the slamming will begin now.

e

2 comments:

Followers